Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Beauty of Blogging....


When I first began to blog, one of those I admired and looked to for inspiration was, From the House of Edward, written by Pamela Terry, a terrific writer on any subject, who also delights us with the adventures of Edward, the dog to whom she belongs...
My surprise and delight was to discover, eventually, that Pamela and I live a mere 15 minutes apart!!
I've made blog friends all over the world now, but never did I imagine I would find one in my own back yard!
Yesterday, I was invited to Pamela's for lunch.
Her home is just as charming and delightful as you might imagine. Books everywhere (always a good sign), cozy, warm, magical mementos and lovely paintings throughout. And, if Harry Potter had emerged from the trees in the yard, with hat and cape in hand, I would not have batted an eye.
It was lovely!
I was able to meet Edward, himself, for the second time, and for the first time, meet the elusive, mysterious Apple!
Pamela swears they are actually dogs, but I kept one eye cocked for these 2 to unzip their Muppet outfits.  They really are these amazing creatures in little fur suits!
I am beyond honoured to have had such a afternoon, and I wanted to share with all fans of Pam and Edward and Apple this treat!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you make me blush.
    It was a joy to have you here.
    Edward and Apple completely adored you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice ! lovely to read about the (little) pleasures in live..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely for you to cross the ramparts and enter the castle keep to find the enchanted princess and her faithful friend but a stone's throw across the meadows from you.
    I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting a fellow blogger but hope to do so some day.

    Wonderful to make friends over some enchanted apples, peaches or cherries . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm a long time fan of Edward --and Pamela!
    She has wonderful taste and a warm heart.
    I also have made real world friendships through blogging.
    Good to discover your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thea, you are so right, Pamela is one wonderful lady and I am so glad to hear that her home and the delightful Edward and Apple are just as I imagined.

    Happy to meet you!

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela has such a lovely blog - and, as I thought - so do you. But what's really lovely is how blogging brought two kindred souls together. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to meet you Thea! Thank you for sharing about your magical time at Pamela's...how wonderful that you got to meet her 'babies' and see her lovely home, not to mention chit-chat with Pamela herself...blogging is so amazing!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Thea, Pamela writes so beautifully and it's lovely to see Apple as well as Edward. I loved the Harry Potter bit xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!