11.01.2010

Time Flies....

It has been 2 weeks since I last posted, much to my surprise, but I have been flat on floor with a pinched nerve most days so creating has taken a back-seat lately.
The lovely thing of being laid low is that I am able to catch up on my reading ... pile of books on my bedside table, awaiting me.
I shall start with COUNTRY by Jasper Conran .
 Absolutely brilliant in verse and most especially photography and evoking a sense of time and place. I am reminded of the countryside of my very early years spent in England and then, also of the American south, to which I was transplanted, and its' swamp, moss, shade, and secret.
The photography here is beautifully, lyrically inspiring. Never so have I wished to plant corn, pickle something, and be a country vagabond as when I look at these pages. Glorious!
I highly recommend!

Next, a book I posted about recently that looked most interesting to me, CAFE SOCIETY.

It's amazing... Oversized, starts with a magnificient description of the Bestingui ball, and proceeds from there to describe and enlighten to the most interesting, creative, eccentric creatures of the haute monde ever to exist.
 The lay-out of the book is great, the photography absolutely stupendous, all sort of surprises that even I have never seen.
 A gem!
And, that photo of Barbara Hutton on the cover could not be better!!!